View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

Would you agree this is the first time a TMNT comedy is consistently funny?

Alright, normally I'm not a fan of making TMNT a comedy. It's too obvious to make an over the top concept like TMNT a comedy.

More importantly, I don't feel like it as has worked all that well before. I know that's probably not a popular opinion here, but I genuinely feel that it hasn't. I get the jokes in the Fred Wolf cartoon, they're just not funny, like at all. I find the comedy of the 90's movies to be annoying and somewhat distracting. Next Mutation is overall too baffling, with the comedy being a large factor in that. The 2012 Nick cartoon can be funny but the comedy tends to be too lazy and dumb, stuff like yelling and burping is meant to be funny just because it's yelling and burping. And the comedy in the PD movies (especially OotS) just pisses me off.

But the humor in Rise is honestly pretty good in my opinion. It doesn't rely on catchphrases, or pizza, or burping, or screaming, or blatant reference to genitalia or really anything else that gets tired quickly. There's a lot of visual gags, character gags, subverted expectations, slapstick, building on previous jokes etc. And it actually works, I'm actually laughing at most of the episodes.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote