View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 04:15 PM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Well I'm not fond of the Annuals (though the second one is a little easier to read), C&A and Utrom Empire. The latest issue of Universe, like a lot people already said, seems really pointless. Beyond that it's mostly nitpicks, certain arcs feel like they can drag, the issue where Shredders double meets with Krang seems kind of pointless, Bebop and Rocksteady can feel tacked on when an issue not written by Weaver/Bates features them heavily, etc.

Like it's still a really well made series, it my favourite incarnation for a reason, it just has a few clunkers. Out of the TMNT comics I've read, it's by far the most consistently good. While I praise the artistry of Mirage, it would be foolish not to point out some of the questionable aspects. IDW's take on the Nick cartoon is mostly just generic kiddy fair, OK for the target audience but not if you're older. Then there's Adventures and oh boy, do I suspect 65% of good will towards it comes from nostalgia...

It's almost not worth thinking about what has been bad about this series, there hasn't really been bad year so to say. No period in the majority, or even about half, of the issues have been bad yet. If it does happen, then I'll have reason to think about what doesn't work.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote