View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 07:52 PM   #65
Sofistocat
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWarlock87 View Post
You know the whole no photography thing really bothered me afterward because there's no proof that these are his actual signatures. No don't get me wrong I'm not saying for everyone to get a selfie with him but at least let us take a quick pick of him signing it for us. I say this because after getting my comics signed I went down to the CGC table an asked them if they could get me a COA for my comics and they said that that had to be present while he was doing it. WTF? The ink was still wet and the CGC table was the very last table in the opposite corner, when and how are we supposed to get out of line and track the one person that was verifying signatures. Anyways just needed to vent
Totally understandable. Im a little confused about you requesting a COA from CGC. Are you talking about an actual COA or having your books slabbed under the "Signature Series" labeling? Im gonna presume you wanted to sell the books you had Kevin sign based on your explanation. Cgc's SS slabs are based on a chain of custody occurring (having the witness present). It happens to many people who are new to slabbing. I'm not saying this is the case with you, but it's very common to hear that situation. Having a photo of an artist signing will not do you any good with CGC. It's gonna get you a green label unless a CGC rep is present at the time of signing or accompanies you to pick up signed or sketched books directly from the artist. I like to think one of the reasons SS slabs have such a higher resale value is attributed to the hoops you gotta jump through... It's all relative

My Technodrome Forums TMNT Collection

My ComicArtFan Galleries

Buy Mark Martin's Original Art HERE
Sofistocat is offline   Reply With Quote