View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 07:11 AM   #8
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

I honestly don't like either. Both are excessive in length and get mundane after a while personally. However, the concepts were there, just the execution wasn't up to snub.

In terms of "fun" as well as episodes, I much prefer Northampton. I'm more of a horror guy than I am a sci-fi fan. The guest voices were solid as well, especially getting Robert Englund for In Dreams. At the same time, I also didn't like Northampton due to its story placement. With the exception of Vision Quest, none fully impacted the overarching narrative, even if Within the Woods and A Foot Too Big contributed to future episodes such as Creepweed for the former and the Donatello and April "relationship." I think it could've been condensed or better set up though, just a bit excessive with all the horror tributes almost being back to back.

As for the space arc... man, it got boring. Amazing animation, introductions to old school favorites like Dregg, Armaggon, and even Wyrm, and has the occasional funny moment. Otherwise, I don't like most of the episodes; they weren't as noteworthy as some of the later entries in season 4. It could've been so much more, just feels like it was missing something entirely.