View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #1057
Storm Eagle
Saved by

For some reason or the other, the entry for the MMPR complete series set at Shout! Factory's site has been taken down. I do hope it's not permanent though.

Someone got some review copies of both the MMPR set and the seasons 4-7 set, and he has already done some good reviews on both. Mind you, as I type this, the review for the latter is a work in progress.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Complete Series
http://blog.samuraicast.com/mighty-m...ox-set-review/

Power Rangers: Seasons 4-7
http://blog.samuraicast.com/power-ra...ox-set-review/

MMPR season 2's 52 episodes were split perfectly in half, so that's 26 episodes for each volume. The first two discs in each set have nine episodes while the third and last disc in each have eight. I like how season 2 was able to be separated where the second half starts off with the power transfer to newcomers Rocky, Adam, and Aisha. Plus in the third season, a new disc starts off Kat's first time as a ranger.

I also like how Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers actually has its own disc in the MMPR season 3 set. It's five discs total, the first disc will have the first nine episodes, and the remaining three MMPR season 3 discs will have eight episodes. Then the last disc is all ten episodes of MMAR. Also, the version of "I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger" that will be on this set is the broadcast version, and not the longer version that was first released on home video.

As for the special features, things like interviews were a given, but I'm especially glad that they were able to get direct-to-video releases and television specials on these sets for special features. The direct-to-video releases I'm most grateful for are The Good, the Bad, and the Stupid and the MMPR Fan Club video, and the Lost Episode special as far as television specials go. I've seen the other video releases before, as well as the Funniest Moments TV special, and even though they didn't grab me as much, I'm just glad that they're available for others to see.

I'm sure I'll be pleased with interviews and what not, but now that I have a better idea as to what to expect, the only gripe I know that I'll have is that they weren't able to get all of the episodes in their original form. For instance, "Welcome to Venus Island" is the most crucial one. The international master of the episode has Jason and Zack's dubbed lines missing. I know the lines by memory, and where they go, but it would have been nice to have them intact on this set.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote