View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #17
Antnee13420
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
... is like, mentally really they're treating it as if they're coming off season 1 (Fred Wolf), season 2 (4kids), and season 3 (2012 Nick) of some giant series of Breaking Bad and they're upset that season 4 (Rise of the TMNT) looks so very different than anything before it. And maybe it's systemic of "casual fans" but...

Stop doing that. If you're above the age of 30 you no longer have any vote in the latest children's cartoon. You don't. The last two seasons of the 2012 Nick show (in which Raph wasn't the "leader" and no one had magic weapons) tanked in the ratings (i.e., all these 30+ year old fans watching diligently did squat) so guess what... Nick is trying something new... for the next generation of little kids.

It's not a jab. It's reality. What else should they do? The same thing again? Throw good money after bad? Little kids are pretty simple. Number of little kids' TMNT cartoons made to float by it's devoted 30+ year old audience: 0. You don't matter. Hopefully you're along for the ride (is what I'm sure the company motto is) but if not, hey, you sure didn't save the last series so it's whatever.
I agree that they should be targeting kids but most of us 30 year old fans have kids or Neices and Nephews that we watch with and buy the toys for. I am not against change but what confuses me is these look like rip offs of the failed recent movie turtles. Did nobody on creative think to say this didn’t work once why are we trying again?
I’m already not craY a out changes but I’m gonna give it a shot as I’ll be watching with my nephew who loved the 2012 most recent series but I don’t have high hopes.
Antnee13420 is offline   Reply With Quote