View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #58
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

When I worked at the grocery store it was little things, too:

*People who asked me to bag their milk only to grab it by the handle on the bottle and not the bag straps. (This could be chalked up to not wanting it to leak everywhere though)
*People who had one or two bags of groceries in a cart, take the cart outside to the first "cart corral" take the bags out of the cart then traverse the parking lot to their car. (Why?)
*People who would stand at a register with no cashier and just expect that someone would come serve them, especially when they are one of like 2 people in the store.
*People who can't read the signs we posted that say that a certain system was down. I don't know how many people would come in and get frustrated that our electric bill payment computer was on the fritz when we had a sign saying as much on the front door, or how many carts full of groceries I had to put back after someone couldn't read a sign on the door and EVERY FREAKIN REGISTER that said that our connection to the EPT Food Stamp system was down.
*People who had said cards and came up with carts full of junk foods, and what's worse, when they didn't have sufficient funds to purchase the buggy full, would put back essentials (bread, milk, eggs, meat) to buy a 12 pack of soda.
(To combine the last 2...a lady came into the store with $20 for cigarettes and her EBT card. Since she was a regular I made it a point to let her know the EBT system was down. She complained that she really needed milk, then proceed to buy cigarettes and with the change some useless thing that would have cost as much as a gallon of milk. *le sigh*)

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote