Thread: [Fanfic] TMNT: Trouble in the Tropics
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 12:56 PM   #10
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Chapter eight

Raphael, meanwhile, decides to take in the night life in the dangerous part of Santa Ana, and as usual, he gets himself into trouble...

The El Diablo Garra was a bar on the wrong side of town, and few self-respecting El Salvadorians would be caught dead in there. The place was a seedy dive with broken bar stools, cracked windows, and a Jukebox from the 1970's that still had records from the band Menudo inside of it. Most of the patrons were clearly punks, who belonged to some gang or another. All except for the muscular dark-skinned woman sitting over in the corner by herself.

Everybody turned to look when the stranger in the trench coat and fedora came walking in, and everyone really paid attention when he ordered his drink in English. One of the gang members sauntered up to the newcomer, and spoke in a heavy accent.

"Yo, Gringo, what you doin' in a place like this, huh?" The tall man wearing sunglasses asked him. "Do you have so little value for your life that you'd come into our bar an' order a drink?"

The stranger barely looked out from under his hat, to see a gang member in a dirty tank top and ripped jeans glaring at him. Like the other thugs who were now gathering around them, this jerk and purple, serpent like tattoos going up and down his body.

"I don't see your name on it, punk!" The stranger replied, in a thick Brooklyn accent. "So if you know what's good for you, you and your little buddies here will let me enjoy my drink in peace."

"I don't think so, chico." The gang leader replied, pulling out a switchblade. "See, this bar here, it be the territory of the purple dragons. And if you don't give me your wallet, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to rough yous up, good!"

"I was hoping you would say that." The stranger smiled, before downing the last of his drink. Then, standing up, hew promptly smashed the glass into the thug's face,

"Agrraghhh!" The gang leader cried out, his face covered in blood. "How dare you- GET HIM!"

The gang members quickly piled on the newcomer, who fought off their attacks just as ferociously. One threw an uppercut the stranger dodged, then promptly had a green fist smashed into his face. Another dove at the stranger with a knife, and had his arm broken by a shoulder attack for his troubles. The skirmish finally knocked the newcomer's hat off.... and revealed him to be a big, green turtle.

"The gringo is some kinda monster!" One of the Purple dragons called out in shock, don't just stand there, KILL HIM!"

But as the other Purple Dragons closed in again, the tall muscular woman suddenly got up, and smashed a chair over one of the thug's head. When another one of the Dragons tried to jump her, the muscular woman roundhouse kicked him to the floor, knocking him out.

"Thanks a lot, dame." The large turtle replied, dumbfounded at the save. "But who are-"

"Name's Lucindra, and we'll save the chat for later, senior." She replied, punching another dragon out. "Right now, we gotta beat some sense into these Purple Dragons."

Raph nodded, and the two continued to bash, smash, and fight their way through the bar. Thugs were tossed out through windows, and had their heads smashed through tables. By the time it was all said and done, Lucindra and the giant turtle found themselves in an empty bar, filled with unconscious gang members, and a scared bartender hiding behind the counter.

"Nice fighting there, Lucinda. You got a mean set of fists." The turtle complimented her. "The name's Raphael, and I'm here on vacation with my brothers."

"Well Raphael, you are a muy bueno fighter yourself, but I knew you would need help." Lucindra replied, wiping the sweat from her brow. "Ever since those Purple Dragons spread here from the states, they been nothing but trouble."

"Heh, this is nothing compared to back home." Raph chuckled, before realizing something. "Say, aren't you a little freaked out by the fact I'm a giant, talking turtle?"

"Eh, I seen worse, growing up here in El Salvador." Lucindra shrugged, sitting back down to the bar. "Life can be really tough on these streets, for a little chica growing up by herself."

"Here, let me buy you a drink." Raph offered her, putting his fedora and trench coat back on. "Least I could do for helping with these punks."

"Nah, I'll do the buying, senior Raph." She grinned, pulling out a few pesos. "After that brawl, you look like you need a drink even more than me."

And so, the two new friends sat down, and decided to enjoy a drink together...

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 03-24-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote