View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 02:58 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I just hate that people are so quick to jump to one single conclusion anymore. Are people really so dimwitted these days? Any unemployed person just automatically assumed to be a lazy, mooching basement dweller. Like it isn't possible that MANY are simply between jobs at the moment or got laid off and have had a tough time so far finding something else.

Should true lazy ones be given incentive go get off their butts... sure. Should those who have a hard time finding work have better assistance available, absolutely. Should those who have a hard time keeping a job, be they frequently let go or quit on their own, have available a service that can evaluate them and help them out in the way appropriate -- be it job skills or assistance for those who turn out to suffer mental illness that is getting in the way... sure, I could totally agree to tax dollars going into that.

As for those who are looking and didn't ask to be unemployed, I'd far rather a tiny portion of my tax dollars goes to help fellow citizens down on their luck than pay for someone's frequent expensive trips to Mar-a-Lago.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote