View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 04:04 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hoping it's just a fun little one-off thing like the Half Shell bit. Or just a rare occasional thing as I'm kind of expecting those to end up. Could be cool, but if it's largely Turtleless...meh. April is ok, but never really been into her enough to be that interested in something without the guys.

If they are doing it to pull more girls into watching...then the continued blindness of the actual fanbase demographics - and that TMNT already has many female fans of all ages - is a bit .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Interesting...! Though I have to wonder what the motivation is. The April & Casey series at IDW is clearly an attempt to pull in more female readers, but it's IMO pretty shallow... So far it's all teenage drama, romance, it's cliches, stuff that I have to assume chick readers never really asked for/wated. I hope this won't be similar in that respect. Chicks are people, & people like all sorts of stuff, not just "chick" stuff, ya know?
Props for insightfulness. Wish the people who actually made it (or those doing the marketing?) understood it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote