View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 11:46 PM   #17
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I liked that the turtles were Aprils pets before when they were in the lab. That's the only thing I thought was kinda cool.
That always bugged me. I wish they'd made it clear that as a child she just thought of them like pets rather than actually being.

I mean if they really were, how terrible does someone have to be to experiment on their child's pets??

I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation." (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it... lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Now some of the story of April being involved with the Turtles and Shredder coming out of nowhere etc are the biggest problems of the movie.
Although I've always kind of loved the scene where you can sort of see the gears turning in Leo's head and he kneels down like, "Wait, Dad... You always said we were rescued by a great guardian spirit. A hogosha." (Or something like that.) Splinter tells him that this IS the hogosha... And you can kind of see, or at least imagine, Leo getting back up and looking at Megan Fox April like "Oh wtf..." (Before being respectful and bowing to her.) That just HAD to be a huge disappointment after all those years of probably thinking it was far bigger and special than that. (Would be a good spot for fourth wall breaking... even the characters know this plot is ridiculous.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-14-2017 at 11:52 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote