View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #56
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I can still remember the fan rage when Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was announced so soon after Marvel vs. Capcom and all its paid DLC, but seems like the price point was pretty good so most people were forgiving enough to just buy the disc anyway.
There were quite a few factors why that was a separate disc release vs. DLC, and even though there was way too little of a gap between vanilla MvC3 and Ultimate, I was much more willing to let that happen than the SF x Tekken debacle. Something like $30 of all on-disc DLC? No thank you

Some people rage about things like Injustice 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite's announcement of DLC before the game's even out and special editions that come with season passes and the like, and to a degree, they do have a point. But a lot of times they're equated to SFxT's DLC which is not accurate. At least in NetherRealm's case, they don't even start work on the DLC until the game's gone gold, and in both cases it seems more like the marketing department and perhaps other higher-ups calling shots. Many are quick to blame Boon and Ono for literally every little thing but they have people above them they have to satisfy - especially in Boon's case since his studio is owned by a giant like Warner Bros. Although, I do agree that some decisions with these two (plus MKX) were dumb, like Goro and Darkseid being day one DLC/pre-order bonuses (Goro was even the sub-boss so he was competely on-disc to begin with) and Sigma being DLC in MvCI even though he's one of the main antagonists along with Ultron, who is a standard character.

BUT! At least we're moving away from full discs being required in every situation for upgrades. I appreciate when it's an option - both for people who didn't pick up the original, and for collectors like me - but to have it a necessity is bogus in most cases.