View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 12:47 PM   #8
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Daredevil and Punisher and maybe Luke Cage season 1. I enjoyed big aspects of Jessica Jones and Iron Fist but both were kind of wasted opportunities that didn't really go anywhere. Defenders was a failure.
I'm just about done with Luke Cage S1. I still think it's mostly good, but man there's some dumb sh!t in there too. Like yeah, your skin is impenetrable and you're super strong but if an SUV moving 50+ MPH (sorry, "80.4 km/h") hits you you're still going to get knocked through the air

And 13 hour-long episodes was way too much for this show, apparently. The plot suffered the worst when they had to go through all the
Spoiler:
Diamondback/Willis Stryker stuff, him being Luke Cage's half-brother,
so much of it was just unnecessary but the greater sin is that it was just uninteresting. The show got bogged down in all the gang politics, and then everything the cops did in most of the later episodes was just flat-out idiotic. I just wanted the show to be more believable by being logical and abiding by rules, be they the laws of physics or proper police procedure.

It's like I get that it's a superhero show with fantastical elements but because of that I can't stretch the limits of my disbelief in additional directions and still remain super invested
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote