View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 09:50 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Wrestling video games

Since there's several wrestling fans in here, I figured they all played wrestlign vidya games at some point or another in their lives

So, what are your favorite and least favorite wrestling games?

I think my favorite is a tie between WWE Day of Reckoning 2(GameCube) and WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain(PS2). HCTP was by far the most well rounded SmackDown! game I've played and it also had a killer roster. It's still more fun than the likes of SD! vs. Raw 2006 and 2007 after all these years. The only problem... not being able to have title matches on Exhibition.

DoR 2 had a grat CAW system and also a great story mode. Better than the story mode of any SmackDown game. The roster was a bit thin because of GC's limitations. But the game had more solid gameplay than your more arcadeish SmackDown series. I also like how you can break moves in this game, as frustrating as it can be when your finisher gets broken . Sadly, like HCTP, you could not have title matches on exhibition.

I also liked WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth! (PS2). All those backstage arenas and the two year long storyline were pretty fun. Although sometimes you could go for a month or two without anything really happening. Plus, this game had no overall ratings for each fighter and you could pit men against women and Spike Dudley could lift the Big Show. Unrealistic but it didn't hold down cruiserweights and female fighters as much as later instalments did.

SvR 06 was alright for its time. But it has not aged very well gameplay wise. Plus, I'd rather play EWR than a poorman's version of it(GM mode). SvR 07 felt like an update to 06 with better graphics, updated roster, better GM mode and entrances being added back to gimmick matches.

Have not played a wrestling game that has been released since SvR 2007. As for older titles, I haven't played much of WWF No Mercy to rate it yet. And have not touched SD! titles prior to SYM. So can't comment on any of those games.

What about you? Tell us about you experience with wrestling games.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote