View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 12:43 PM   #85
Prowler
Emperor

Toy Story 3 came out a decade after Toy Story 2. This one is gonna come out 9 years after Toy Story 3. Funny enough, Toy Story 2 came out only about 4 years after the original did. So I wonder if they planned to make a 3rd one back in like 1999-2000 already? Let alone a 4th one?

Perhaps they want this to be a series that which has a multi-generation appeal? I guess it's working so far.

At least the gaps between the films aren't as big as the ones between the original Monsters Inc movie and its sequel. Those two were 11 years apart. I remember being a kid and loving Monsters Inc. I hoped there'd be a sequel not too long afterwards, but lost hope after a couple of years or so, and by the time one came out I no longer cared or had any memories from the original.

Anyway, back to Toy Story, I dunno why, but I didn't like the 2nd movie that much. Only saw it once as a kid and at the cinema to boot, yet felt it was a bit of a letdown. But I seem to have been the only one to think this at the time.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote