View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 09:11 PM   #10
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Thank you very much guys for your kind comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
My goodness, Nelson!

You win the internet for today! Howvlong have you been working on this and why have I just now learned of it?
Adam, old friend! I was sure you would like it, specially since April is a playable character.
I didn't post about this before because I was waiting to make some more progress and have a meatier download available. But I haven't made any progress in over a month so I said what the hell, let's share what's been done so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Such attention to detail! Truly a labor of love, from the Tournament Fighters (SNES) health & special gauges, to the Playmates cardback themed character selection screen. The spritework is awesome, both the backgrounds & avatar/cutscene art look beautiful. Your creativity with respect to April's fighting style is on point, whoa! The microphone whip concept is freakin' stellar & I love the camera flash special attack, too. I cannot wait to see what else you have in store for us. I hope this thing gets as much of your attention as real life permits!

If there's anything I can help with (like, say, remixes of the NES songs to go along with your updated visuals) I'd love to be a part of it.
Dude you're making me blush, haha. Anyway I am SO GLAD that you're offering to help, because you already made those great recreations of some of the melodies of the cartoon. Now, I don't want to update the existing NES songs as I really like them the way they are. What would be nice to have though is additional songs in the same NES/Konami style. Because one of the new levels involve the Channel 6 building, it would be nice to have the Channel 6 theme "konamizised", you know: looping chiptune, faster tempo, maybe that "heroes in a half shell!" melody thrown in. Would you be interested in making something like that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I think it's super neat! Makes me wish I'd stuck with my fangame.
Is it too late now to continue?
Quote:
Speaking of the sprite-work, they are beautifully done and are very convincing 16-bit upgrades in the same vein as Super Mario All-Stars or Ninja Gaiden Trilogy.
That is EXACTLY what I set out to do, a TMNT game heavily inspired in what Mario All Stars did. Originally I was going to do a straight update of TMNT2, but then decided that it would be more fun to do a fun amalgamation/homage to those games and the cartoon. BTW two levels are based on TMNT1 but keeping the Z axis (that means no crouching)
Quote:
Since the original TMNT2 NES game featured a regular weak standing attack and the 2-button strong attack as a reward for good timing, should we expect any equivalent for April?
Dude, I was hoping I could get away with not giving anyone that 2-button move other than the 4 turtles. Sorry? It's just there's so many characters left to do. Anyway I may reconsider this. In any case April's range is greater than Rocksteady's kick. So it's quite easy to play as her, you just need to be a little more patient due to her not being as strong as the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Has anyone played through the demo? He added audio clips of April, Mikey, Usagi and Ground Chuck when they take damage or do their special attacks. It's gonna be great. Keep up the work.
Thanks for pointing that out, Jester. The video I posted is old and outdated. I still haven't uploaded a newer gameplay video. Thanks for trying out the game and for the nice feedback!
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote