View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 10:11 PM   #30
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
It's too bad David Wise is no longer around. These would have been excellent questions to ask him. I especially wanted to know why it was never brought up later in the series how Krang deliberately double-crossed Shredder in the mouser episode by freeing Michelangelo and telling him where the master control was. I remember watching that episode with my younger cousins and even they were like "Wait, why did Krang do that?"
We know why.

While Saki originally benefitted from his relationship with Krang he didn't trust the brain to give him what he wanted; a new body.

As long as Shredder had an advantage over the turtles he would never have fulfilled his promise to Krang. Thus he had to sabotage Shredder's plans to the point that Saki had no choice but to build him a body so he could destroy the turtles for him.

I have to say as much as the old married couple characterisation is a source of genuine humour in the old show the more serious shifting power dynamics of the first two seasons were much more interesting,
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote