View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 08:29 PM   #18
pennydreadful
trash

Oh yeah, look - there were things that were annoying about the 97 editions... like changing it so that Greedo shot first instead of Han... but then there was also some good tidying up of the SFX and putting in a new song for the ending of Jedi, which I thought was far better than what was in the original theatrical releases. By and large, I have very few issues with the 97 releases - I think anything in them that does bug me is probably just that in some of the additions/changes in those versions, you can see the seeds of Lucas's later histrionics.

However, when you jump forward to the 2006 and blu-ray edits - I cannot roll with the changes he made to the Emperor/Vader discussion in Empire, the addition of the "Nooooooo" in the climactic throne room scene in Jedi and adding in Hayden Christensen and taking out Sebastian Shaw for the end of Jedi. Those just rip me up.

I think adding in Ewoks blinking is stupid, but I could ignore it if he'd just left the stuff with emotional context alone.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).

Last edited by pennydreadful; 11-30-2014 at 08:39 PM.
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote