View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 11:03 PM   #45
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
Here's a list of most of the known deleted scenes, if this helps:

Alternate Opening: Begins on a shot of a street. A sewer lid pops open and we go down it to the door of Turtle's lair. The sewer lid shot is in the trailer and the rest of the scene is detailed in the graphic novel adaptation.

April Leaves the Station Extended: She walks by a pier. The shot pans down to the water. Shells bob up. This is scene in the trailer.

Alternate/Extended April's Mugging: As shot, Sam Rockwell and his goons are not after April's purse. The implied intentions are far darker. The line "Grad her purse! Grab her purse!" was added in post and is overlaid a quick action shot where you don't see the person saying it. The original scene is detailed in the graphic novel adaptation.

Original Casey Jones Introduction: Casey flips through television, disgruntled by all thefts and muggings in the news.

Extended Casey/Raph Fight

Extended Shredder Intro/Shredder Fights Rockwell's Goons/Alternate Speech: After Shredder approaches the gathering and the carpet is rolled, he fights the gang that attacked April earlier in the film. They were released on bail. He defeats them quickly, while sitting. Apparently, it was not a punishment, but a test. The speech he gives to the wayward teens is different and does not include the "I am your father" line. A single camera angle from the fight can be found on the Turtle Power documentary while parts of the original speech can be heard in the theatrical trailer.

Extended Apartment Fight: Leonardo fights down the stairs and into the shop. Additional clips were included in the first UK cut, including a bit where April pulls a rug under a guy's feet.

Escaping the Fire: They carry Raph into the van.

April's Monologue About Mikey: He's the only one April doesn't talk about. But she originally did. He took Splinter's loss the hardest. In one scene, Mikey obliterates a punching bag. You can only see frames of this scene in the final cut.

Extended Training: There's more focus on the training and Donatello in a cowboy hat.

Alternate Tatsu/Shinso Scene (Kinda): Off-screen coughs and the line "You're going to be okay" were added in post. Shinso was originally killed.

Eastman/Laird Cameo: They played the garbageman manning the garbage truck during the street fight.

Blood Splatter: When Shredder is crushed, there was allegedly a little bit of blood that was cut out.

Extended Ending: The publisher sequence. This was included on a German DVD. Personally, I can live without this scene being in the film. It's a little too meta.

Alternate Origins: Oroku Nagi was originally a part of Splinter's origins.

I believe the screenplay also had a scene where a couple visit the antique shop while April is showing the Turtles around. Also, one of the trading cards had Casey interacting with a well at the farm.

These are just the ones off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing a few.
A lot of these scenes sound REALLY cool, but I think the thing I want to see the most is the Mikey stuff. I always wondered why April never discussed him and that section always felt cut short 'cos there was no mention of Mikey. Seeing a brief glimpse of him in the barn working through his grief in a physical way (working the heavy bag) seemed like a really interesting aspect to Mikey's character development.

All of those scenes sound really cool, and seems like most of them would've only made the movie more thorough (and better in my opinion).
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote