View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 08:44 AM   #31
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

One of the things I liked about 2002/Mike Young He-Man was that He-Man's visual design looked so different from Adam's. Unless Adora is a waif in this series, it seems like she wouldn't have much in the way of protecting her secret identity...and something about the proportions of her mouth in comparison with the rest of her face makes her seem brutish, almost ape-like IMHO. But that could just be a preliminary design. I am quite glad that it's in 2D.

I understand the emulation of that anime look, but it seems so...2006. Like this series went into production at the same time as Avatar or Martin Mystery. Weirdly retro, in a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Not a fan of the art style and Thor horns. And I guess she's a teen now? It's kind of an odd thing to say, I know, but they made the Princess of Power flat as a board. And yes, I know animated boobs are not important but can you imagine if some new show had a flat Wonder Woman or a flat Xena, who are two gals that She-Ra is often compared to?
Wonder Woman's design in JL Action is simple enough to animate well without making her look like a prepubescent, but at the same time, she's not overly idealized, either.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote