View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 04:56 AM   #14
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splint'r View Post
Thanks for your kind words! Yeah, blurring the lines between hyper realistic and cartoonish stylization, was not easy. So, I agree, the head sculpt does inspire a full body repaint. I've sent out a few samples to some very talented toy artists, I've met on instagram, who will be giving their entire figure, the full repaint treatment and I will be doing the same for mine, once I'm done with the rest of the bros. Honest question... do you guys think I should just quit this project? The only reason I'm doing this, is simply because I couldn't stomach the original heads on these toys and as far as I'm concerned, NECA has no current plans to release a smaller version of their beautiful 18 inch figures and if they ever do, it probably won't be happening until next year. However...if they do release 6 inch versions of their 18 figures sooner than later, then there's obviously no point for me to continue, as we'll just buy those.
Anyways, I had fun with it and learned a great deal, working with with these materials. Thanks again for taking the time to comment. I'll be back when I have more updates. :-]
Neca says it's unlikely for these to be made smaller, so I say go for it. These look amazing and shows just how bad playmates screwed those heads up.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote