View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 06:26 AM   #34
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Finally got around to watching it. I think it was much better than the first. Definitely more FW oriented but overall it's just more coherent.

My only complaint would be is this Shredder supposed to be the one from the first movie? It can't be but it's funny they make no mention of anyone taking his place. It's just...Shredder is back!

I guess if you wanna stretch your suspension of disbelief you could say this new replacement Shredder came around and got beat before the events of OOTS. We just never saw that happen.
Such harsh comments about this movie! To their credit, PD addressed several big issues they ran into with the first one...only no one went to the theater to find out. Good way to kill this particular franchise, but a risky move for those who want a rebooted TMNT movie in the future. If the property isn't viewed as profitable...

What is your issue with Shredder in this one? It's been a while since I saw 2014, but didn't he survive that movie? If so, I'm not sure what the problem is, unless you're referring to the actor switch between movies.

But I agree...OotS is better than the 2014 movie...MUCH better in my book. 2014 was a mess from beginning to end.

I'd say SotO slightly edges out OotS, simply for nostalgia. Both are about equally as nonsensical and such a departure from the turtles I enjoy. Fine popcorn flick. The 2014 movie set the bar super low for me, so this one was fine as there were absolutely no expectations.

Of course, take what I say with a grain. This site tends to hate the 2007 TMNT movie and I thought it was great. It was like a Tales of the TMNT storyarc popped off the pages and onto the screen. And FINALLY we didn't have to fall back on Shredder as the main villain. So refreshing!

1990>2007>SotO>OotS>III=2014