View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 12:13 PM   #23
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Yeah. Seems like every generation has an artist or two that gets branded with that moniker. Cooper, Ozzy, Manson. More of shock rock stuff most would say. I am not sure of any new/current popular bands getting label as satanic though. But don't follow music like I once did. I think some of those Norwegian black metal bands from the 90's might have actually been satanist or at least really committed to the portrayal as such. Some of our Drome bros from that area may know more. I just noticed your in Sweden. Much metal currently in that area?
I don't listen much to it (except some songs by Guns and Roses, Iron Maiden, Metallica on the radio are OK), but the most famous name in Sweden is probably Europe who scored a 1986 hit with "Final Countdown". But the moral panic around it is interesting. Video was blamed for being to violent, hard rock and heavy metal was satanic.

Yes, there were satanic black and death metal band in Norway during the early-1990's. They used to burn down church-buildings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuC5WYsDDZY
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote