Thread: VR Gaming
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #17
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Can't believe it's almost been a year since the PSVR launch.

Here's my takeaway from the first year:

-There's still a long road ahead, but developers are quickly learning what works and what doesn't work. Hopefully they'll lock down some form of pricing on these things though. Some titles are 1 hour and cost 40 bucks while others are endless, have more content, and 3 bucks.

-I find that VR is my preferred way of gaming. If a game doesn't have VR included, my interest plummet quite a bit.

-That being said, VR gaming is still more of a "thing" to do as opposed to a leisurely gaming night. When I come home exhausted from work, pulling out the table to make space and strapping on a headset isn't exactly what I'd call relaxing. VR isn't for unwinding, basically. It's too immersive to just zone out and relax.

-The Aim Controller is fantastic and every developer working on a VR shooter should be utilizing it.

-The best part of owning one now is introducing it to people. There's just something about watching friends experience it for the first time that's just super satisfying.

-Despite the lack of a must-have exclusive VR title, I still think Year 1 was a strong debut year. There's a ton of great games out there and I'm still excited to see what new experiences the next year brings.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote