View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #28
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
But, I haven't been to any big Comic Cons so I literally didn't see ANYTHING TMNT for years! I saw the new toys for the 2003 series and then I saw some stuff when the 2007 movie came out but, otherwise, nothing!
So hats off to you, sir, who been at the right place at the right time as far as convention attending!
Yeah, back when I attended cons most in the early to mid-'90s, I was around 14-17 years old. There are plenty of good things I passed up, never to find again. I passed up Gobbledygook #1 and 2 for $100 each to buy a regular #2 and 3 (1st printings), something I can get easily today. Also passed up a TMNT #1 first printing for $100 on a few occasions. And, tons of original art. But at 15, those were expensive prices!

Quote:
And ya, I would consider that a true first print.
I THINK that my reissue #1 was whiter pages too... no tones... I'll have to look at it again.
For the #3, it's only the cover that's different..the interior has all of the correct tones.

Quote:
Woah! Do I own a number 1 that you don't have?! :O
I think so judging from your collection thread! I don't have the #1 video game reprint from 2007, The hardcover 6th printing, or the color 2009 error.

Quote:
Any of your toys there up for sale any more? Like Krang or anyone else? Or are they all that you'll keep for your set?
I think I'm going to keep them for now, and maybe build up the collection again one day. I recently sold many of my figures to help fund the TMNT #1 1st printing purchase. The Krang is actually in pretty bad shape anyway.

Quote:
I just realized you got a couple signatures on those toys.
Who are they? The voice actors?
3 of the figures are signed. Raphael is signed by Kevin Eastman. This one was bought this way as I have never met him. The Space Usagi is signed by his creator/artist, Stan Sakai. And Leatherhead is signed by his creator, Ryan Brown.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote