View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 07:30 PM   #8
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Williams View Post
First, as I just noted elsewhere, I should have commented sooner, 'cause this is at least the third time I've visited your customs thread. Stellar work, man. As someone who is too cowardly to paint, let alone sculpt, I am blown away.

Second, I can't wait to see Mondo Gecko!

Third, I just yesterday put in an order for the four Figuarts Turtles, so they're all I can think about at the moment, which is part of why I've hit this thread repeatedly. Earlier today I started typing a list of the classic characters I'd most like to see Figuarts produce, so your customs are like a sneak-peek of sorts, although my familiarity with the Archie goodness is limited.

Your Shredder recipe is surprising; Brock is such a thick, beefy fella, and yet your Shredder mostly retains the class, lean look. I'd like to see more shots of him alongside the Figuarts Turtles.

What's the deal with Garfield; did he actually appear in the comics at some point, or are you simply a fan and wanted to include him?

Finally: I love the Foot Soldiers! If I had the funds I'd go all-in on The Fwoosh's Articulated Icons series to provide my turtles with some ninja antagonists, but man, I dig what you've done; using parts cast from the original Playmates figures was a clever idea, and you utilized them well!

Keep the win coming, man.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm still getting the hang of a few things when it comes to customizing in general. I can see some missing paint on fitz for example but you learn as you go.

It's funny that you mentioned shredder as I orginally went with a undertaker upper body but he looked to lanky so I switched to brock. lol

Garfield appeared in a short comic strip in one of the old tmnt magizines.

The foot soldiers are probably the easiest to make as I can usually knock em out in two days. That's why I was considering offering them up for sale in sets of two

Last edited by tmntfannumerouno; 03-28-2017 at 07:37 PM.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote