View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 05:07 PM   #26
rocklobster13
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Here's my thought on the best way to find copies of those 1995-1996 newspaper strips.

Berger thought that newspapers geographically close to Northampton, MA would be the most likely ones to have carried the strip until its end.

The Daily Hampshire Gazette is a long-running current paper for the Northampton region. Find a microfilm reel of that paper during those years, and you'd be able to view or even copy the comic strips if they appeared.

The Forbes Library in Northampton does appear to have a full run of the paper on microfilm. Anybody wanna do some advanced research?
http://forbeslibrary.org/research/lo...m-collections/
So I have a bit of news about this...unfortunately not good news.

I contacted the people at Forbes library in Northampton and explained the situation. They offered to check 3 dates of the Daily Hampshire Gazette to see if the strip appeared. So I had them check the first date of the strip (12/10/90), the last date of the strip (12/31/1996), and one other date in between (1/3/1995).

I got an email back today saying that they checked the paper for these days and didn't see the strip. They apparently looked through both the comics sections as well as the other pages and didn't find anything.

I suppose it's possible that whoever checked for me looked quickly and just missed it, but judging by the email that I got it seemed like they checked pretty thoroughly.

This doesn't necessarily mean that the Hampshire Gazette didn't run the strip at all, but I would say that the chances of that particular paper having the full run are slim. Regardless, it may still be worth someone checking it out in person.
rocklobster13 is offline   Reply With Quote