View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 03:28 PM   #6
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
A tryhard is someone whos super competitive in gaming...lol

Also Mario Kart 8 is pretty fun.
Oh okay. Good to know a new phrase. Lol. So at first glance I might think hackers are tryhards but from their patterns it doesn't seem to be about winning to them. They could just rip around, do their laps quickly, and win. But they stick with the pack, blow people up, cause major devastation, and then finally win. It's like they aren't happy unless causing major carnage on the way to victory. Actually pseudo-victory.

So I might get a Switch this holiday season to play some MK on. That's probably pretty fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
When I used to play Call of Duty 4 on the ps3, about 1 in 5 games used to be hacked which was annoying. I didn't mind the zombie mod servers so much but the servers with people on infinite health and killing all enemies with one shot were frustrating. The problem was even worse in world at war, with half of all games being hacked.

Don't play those much games anymore though, these days I only occassionaly pop in Counter Strike 1.6 online and I've not encountered a single server with hackers/cheaters since unlike call of duty, counter strike does have anti cheat measures and if those fail, hackers can be banned from the game by the admin.

Half of all games being hacked really sounds horrible. Seems about the same as mk7, a 50/50 chance I can jump into a group of honest racers.

It's very difficult to get out of the groups sometimes also. I can shutdown and everything but get lumped in with the same group consistently. I don't know what's up with that. I do like the preview mode while waiting to race it shows current race in progress and I can see if it looks legit or head back to my home screen right away and not waste to much time.

MK7 has no anti cheat measures or admins.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote