View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #94
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't see how anyone who actually owns the original issues can say it doesn't look much worse.

Without the duoshades the art has no depth, the story loses its impact and it looks like an adult coloring book. It is inferior and ruined.

Doesn't matter for casuals who never read it before but for us its disappointing.
Worse? Yes.

Ruined? Nah. That's what I was trying to say in my earlier post; it's everyone's own prerogative, but, while disappointing, we all know the story behind what happened and it reads as well as ever.

You also, I'm assuming, haven't actually seen the three issues without tones in full, so let's be fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
let me just ask this, something that gets on my mind with stuff like this

if you already have the original issues, why do you want to get the ultimate collection? you get the exact same thing...I see it as just a waste of money
Pretty much what Abnormal Freak said, both the positives and the negatives.

At the end of the day, though, it's a product that will hold up much longer than individual issues and is much easier to read. I wouldn't do it for everything, but I'm a big enough fan of the Mirage series that I don't mind double-dipping.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote