View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #66
sethmartin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, many of us don't own those bits to be inspired to make such jokes.

If they straight up made this aimed at adults fine. Still really cringe worthy, but whatever. But the fact that this is still "not yet rated" and hearing about this line prob isn't helping people at all figure out if they can take the kids or leave them home...

Different times than when a lot of us were young. Sure, we weren't innocent and a lot of these kids now aren't either, but parents are more up tight now, not much can be changed about that, and references are often a lot less vague than they used to be.

At most, they're hurting the potential family friendliness. If it's not actually really aimed at kids after all, well, so be it then but they should make it clear.
Ah come on. It was one little subtle joke that will most likely go right over most kids heads. I've seen way more sexual jokes on Nickelodeon and even the Disney Channel. Go back and look at all of the dick and boner jokes in Rocko's Modern Life or even Spongebob. Like I said earlier, one could easily argue that he's not even talking about having a boner. It's our dirty and corrupt minds that are interpreting it that way. Now I know that's what he's talking about but you really have to know exactly what he's talking about to even get it. So it's not as graphic and disgusting as some of you are trying to make it out to be. And honestly, screw family friendly. That was fine when I was a kid but now I want a turtles movie for us older fans.
sethmartin is offline   Reply With Quote