View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 04:05 AM   #17
Igglet

Honestly, IDW Slash's death is just the most tragic and bitter death we've gotten in IDW TMNT and perhaps in TMNT in general (excluding Mirage, of course).

Yes, sacrificing yourself is more heroic and noble but it's probably among the most common ways you can kill off a character (for a good reason too, admittedly). I'm not ripping into that, it's all good still, but I think IDW does it better.

Slash's death is just so bitter that I can't really remember an equivalent of a TMNT main character being killed off like this. He finally regains his mind, remembering all of his sins and not even hoping that he'll be saved. In his last moments, he's broken due to everything he has done and this rage is directly linked with humans. Slash, this HERO, due to what has happened to him, gives up on humanity and agrees with Old Hob. And, unlike Hob, he'll never get redemption and he might have even doomed him into never forgiving humans.

Slash's death has no brighter side, he meets his end as a broken man and, with that, he further pushes the Mutanimals towards hatred. And, honestly, that's such a perfect way to set up City at War.