View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #1
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Rise of the TMNT speculation thread

Okay, I wasn't sure if this should get it's own thread or not, but since the other 'rise of TMNT' threads are bogged down in arguing, and speculation about a series is a separate topic, I thoguht I'd make this thread.

Okay, based on what we've gleaned from what little info we have on this series so far, I had a few thoughts;

-Baron Draxum; Okay, bug-like main antagonist, who has his own army, and fight's the turtles, with a name that is a noble title, followed by one word; does anyone else think this guy was a re-imaging old lord Dregg, but Playmates didn't want to sell a new figure with that name again so soon after his appearance in the 2012 series? Based on his description, I think this guy mixes mutagen as a mystical potion, and uses it to create the mutant of the week to fight the turtles. The oozesiqutoes are his delivery method, and he might even have his own army of mutants, possibly mutated insects.

-the underground city: this calls to mind the Atlantian city, with it's mutant inhabitants, in the 2003 series. My guess is it's an ancient mystical city full of mutants that was buried underground, and new york was built over it, or it's mutant population was crated by the ooze that drained into the sewers, then drained further into the caves and bedrock far below. We know Baron Draxum is from the underground city, but is he the ruler? Is he an exiled criminal who was banished for abusing the ooze? Is he tied to the turtle's origin? Also, I speculate that the underground city, if it';s inhabitants are friendly, is where the turtles will go to act normal and fit in around other mutants, and several mutant allies or enemies, as well.

-the foot clan; we know there will be the foot origami ninja. I believe here these ninja will be magical beings, created from folded paper, that shredder will bring to life via ninja magic. This will allow the turtles to chop them up without killing anyone, and there is a certain dynamic here (paper foot soldiers= a ninja named 'shredder') my guess is the origami ninja will appear in season one, but the shredder himself will be held off to be the season 2 antagonist.

Well, those are my thoughts, does anyone else have any speculation on what this show could be about/where it might be head. And remember, this is SPECULATION, so 'it's too early to tell anything is not an answer XD

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 03-19-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote