View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 07:47 PM   #25
Prowler
Emperor

People still used photobucket? Thought it had stopped being the number 1 choice around 2011 or so? Not even sure if I still have my account there or deleted, but it was mostly funny animated gifs that I had uploaded there iirc, so meh.

Never made an account on imgur, since it doesn't require an account to host images on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Photobucket really is from the ancient days of the internet, just barely ahead of geocities, tripod sites, and myspace. It feels like all these old sites that were around in the late 90's or early 2000's are finally going belly up.

Now to wait for Yahoo to finally fall.
Geocities... so many pages me and others made there. I think it was thanks to geocities that I've found out how to unlock SSB Melee characters and also how I've learned about the Missingno glitch on Pokémon Red. That website gave me and many others the illusion of having our own website(s). That was before front page was a thing. What kind of software do people use to make their websites nowadays, anyway?

I used yahoo's search bar until 2003 or so when I finally switched to google permanently. Google wasn't very well liked by many at first because it gave more vague and general results that simply what you were looking for. Yahoo search I assume uses google's search system now, no? Also, remember when Yahoo messenger was a thing before MSN's? What does Yahoo even do nowadays? Report news? Do people use yahoo mail still?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote