View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 12:31 PM   #30
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Try New 52 Birds of Prey. Starling was an amazing character I think you'd like...
So I can get into it right before it's completely rebooted...again?
Nah, I'm good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Not to the extant Marvel does.

Let's take a look over some of the "creative" decisions that have been made over Marvel thanks to the films. Nick Fury being replaced by Nick Fury Jr. who just happens to look like Samuel Jackson, Scarlett Witch and Quicksiliver no longer mutants, the sudden focus on the Inhumans, etc. See where I'm going with this?

I can't recall the last DC character whose backstory and characterization was heavily modified to match up with either their cinematic or television counterpart.
That's probably because with the exception of Batman....DC movies haven't been as widely received as Marvel's have been.

Nick Fury being Sam Jackson was something that was suggested in the Marvel Ultimate Universe before Sam Jackson played Fury in the MCU.

But yeah, I'll never get why the Big Two just don't embrace movie tie in comics, rather than reshaping their entire continuity to reflect movie changes.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote