Thread: Discrimination
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 10:38 PM   #51
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I don't doubt that such people were a huge chunk of his voting base, but let's face it, the left wing can also be blamed for losing this election. It's not like Hillary was a nobody. She was a well known figure already and even the polls pointed to her winning easily.

Now allow me to go an tangent and say that politics have been disappointing people all over the Western world lately, and the more mainstreamish and the closest parties and politicians to the centre haven't been able to gain voters' trust. Many people look in shock and horror at European countries and ask themselves "why are a woman like Marine Le Pen and a guy like Geert Wilders getting more and more popular?". Traditional parties are a lot to blame for the economic issues here in the Old Continent lately. And I wouldn't be surprised if 3rd party candidates have been getting more votes and popularity in the US of A lately.

When people are desperate, they vote for certain people, no matter how shady they might be. Trump certainly has charisma, even though he is extremely rude and a flat out asshole.

That being said, people who thought Trump was anti-system... well a loaded as f*ck guy could never be that. He IS part of said system!

Oh and believe me, many people in Europe actually like Trump. Not saying it's the majority or anything, but I read news sites from several countries and other forums and many people from countries like Portugal, Spain, the UK and France seem to like Trump. An outspoken minority of people that is, but they're out there.

No Hillary wasn't a nobody- that was part of the problem. People here like to paint her with the same brush as Bill and apparently it worked. Whether she was ever guilty of anything isn't even important- she was automatically guilty by association. And none of the other contenders had enough popularity or clout to really stand a chance. So Chump won by default- and you are right, he IS part of that system, and is one of the biggest movers and shakers in it to boot! I found it utterly disgusting the baldfaced lying and delusional thinking but many swallowed it hook line and sinker.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end

Last edited by MsMarvelDuckie; 03-03-2017 at 10:43 PM.
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote