View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #23
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not sure about the name but this is what I want most of all, even more than a Casey Jones series.

Use the Ninja Assassin formula, to cut between the past & modern day. Show both the Foot Clan's origins (& Saki/Yohi's arcs) as well as what they're up to now, as a Yakuza crime syndicate with home base in JP (where we occasionally cut to see Karai's dealings) & an American outfit in NY led by Shredder. You can tie in themes of mysticism & spirit quests in the days of old, gun-running & business fronts in the present, & in both feature staples like extortion, training montages, espionage, etc. across the ages. You could have an episode where one of their missions is nearly thwarted by Casey Jones, another where they overtake a neighborhood previously run by Purple Dragons. Toss in the occasional turtle tease along the way with a small appearance in the season finale or something. Like perhaps an over the shoulder view of them on a roof-top, seeing The Foot for the first time, or conveying that they've been monitoring them for a while now.

No Bebop & Rocksteady, no Krang, no meddling about in matters of science, just purely Japanese ninja/Yakuza badassery.
This would be awesome, but I'd like it even better if it focused just as much on Yoshi and/or Splinter and served as a TMNT prequel.

Of course, then it might become "TMNT Gotham" and I'm not sure I'd be into that. A TMNT (or Batman) prequel sounds fun, but not if it's just "TMNT minus TMNT" (or Batman minus Batman) .
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote