View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 04:15 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

I threw out Warrior Chrome Dome when we were moving because "I only need the screen accurate one". I was going through the teenager drugs/sex/rock & roll phase, so there was virtually no collector mindset beyond keeping the essentials. I was pressured into chucking a lot of toys, Gundams, Pokemon, TMNT vehicles & mini mutant playsets, etc. I regret it all (who'd have known I'd get back into collecting?) but WCD stands out because he was a rare variant. Oh well. I was smart enough to keep Warrior Michelangelo Metalhead, at least. Love that figure.

I lost an auction for a samurai helmet from TMNT 3 by about 5 bucks, because I hesitated at the last moment. The paiiiiin, man.

I customized (trashed) Warrior Winged Leonardo as a kid. Snapped his wings off & painted "blood" all over him. Oh my f**king God. Also ruined Troll Donatello's hair.

Not related to collecting but I regret not introducing myself by name to Kevin Eastman when we met a few years ago. We had some email correspondence, were Facebook friends (he would "like" my art pretty often!), & we also both worked on the vol. 3 finisher. I colored a print he worked on too, & when the dude who put it together mentioned me, Kevin apparently was like "Oh, I know him!". We could've actually clicked a little face to face, but I was too star-struck to realize that. Had a very nice time all the same! Chatted a bit while he did a drawing for me. Oh well, hopefully there will be a next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
-snip-
If you have an art collection online somewhere, I'd love to see it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote