View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 10:22 PM   #26
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
So I just finished watching his video where he talks about the Ghostbusters movie and... it's totally sensible. Really? That video of his generated a lot of backlash? Wow people get butthurt so easily nowadays.

And yes, the idea behind this new Ghostbusters movie was ridiculous from the start. As if anyone asked for it in the first place. I wouldn't want to watch a Sailor Moon anime with an entirely male cast either.

Does this mean we might see an all-female TMNT movie one day? Now that would kill this forum for good.
Yeah, he got a lot of backlash, and as mentioned, this even made the news. People were attacking him and his wife, iirc. It was absolutely ridiculous. He didn’t mention gender, he was talking about the concept of the film’s existence. I don’t feel he had a problem with them being all women, just the set up and stuff he had a problem with. They had Ernie Hudson in this film playing the uncle of black lady (sorry, don’t recall her name). Why not have all of the former Ghostbusters make appearances as themselves? The blonde could’ve been Egon and Janette’s kid. Seriously, so much potential to start a new series of Ghostbusters films, like they’re doing with Star Wars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
If he had no interest seeing it that's fine but to make a video just to say "I refuse to see it etc..." was obviously just done to hate on it.

Out of everything he's reviewed Ghostbusters '16 is the one thing he refuses?
Why not? He said himself that he’d been receiving many requests to review the film. It was easier to just make a video saying why he wasn’t planning on seeing it than to probably post it on his site. He didn’t really say or do anything wrong here and I don’t see how it was “hating on the film”. NC, as Doug, has done a video about films he said he’ll never review, so how is this any different?
Quote:
I liked the movie but I would have preferred he make fun of it in a review instead acting all dumb. He did both Turtles movies.
But why should he review something he actually had no interest in? That was the point of the video he made and to keep people from constantly sending him messages and requests to go see/review it. He gave his reasons and then did a Ghostbusters retrospect of what he liked about the original film and the other scrapped movie projects after the second film. I honestly don’t see how he did anything wrong and stuff or why people would get offended by it.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote