View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 08:11 PM   #22
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Guy View Post
I've said it before, but Nintendo has a huge cast of memorable Mario characters that would be great for Mario Kart...but instead we get things like Random Dry Bones, Baby Daisy and Gold Peach.
I always thought so too, it also boggled my mind how some characters made it into the roster before others, like say King Boo before Bowser Jr. How about bringing back DK Jr.? Or add the DK Country crew? I remember spin-offs started using the DK cast again after Rare left Nintendo but after DKC Returns they decided to separate them again.

Of course Metal/Cat/etc Mario/Peach are all made to have "another" character with different stats but not having to make new animations or 3D models but i think I'd prefer those spots blank. Nintendo showed how they don't know how to choose characters with the DLC, Kirby was the perfect fit for Mario Kart and we didn't get him, instead we got Link who might be more popular but makes less sense and I don't think Link sold more DLCs than Kirby would have in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Super Mario Land 1 and 2 were considered main Mario platformers on one of the last Mario promotional sheets Nintendo made. The only reason they seem weird is Miyamoto didn't have much to do with them. Besides that, they introduce important characters. Mario Land introduces Daisy, and Mario Land 2 introduces Wario...both characters who became permanent Mario characters.
Permanent characters who never appeared in another mainline game, hell Daisy doesn't even appear other Mario series, only the mini game/sports spin-offs as a selectable character. Wouldn't it be awesome to have Wario as a villain again? Daisy as a princess? Even if it's in a Luigi spin-off or RPG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Someone just made this, I can't stop laughing

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih323XXu_3w
Without Odyssey being a thing and the trailer having the music it would've just been an unamusing video to me but with both of the above I ended up being amused.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote