View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 07:48 AM   #12
Peanut
Second Gear

The series peaked with Vice City. San Andreas was so overblown with half-baked ideas that at a certain point it folded in on itself. Also, it's f*cking awful as soon as you're in the country side and need to drive 20 minutes to get anywhere.

GTAIV had the best gunplay and overall control of all the games, but that's not saying much. As far as the story is concerned, it becomes immediately worthless the moment Nico starts to do sh*t for drug dealers and corrupt politicians for no reason at all. "Oh, I hate dee killing" "Will you kill this person for me?" "Yes."

The story had a chance to be great, but as Rockstar has a tendency to do, it collapses part way through. You start out taking interesting missions from interesting characters, then move on to take on boring missions from cardboard cutouts. Also, how can you take any of the social interactions seriously when you show up to a date in a half destroyed semi with blood splattered all over the hood? It's always great that you can simply run someone over I get in a 10 car pileup and your casual flirty conversation will continue unabated. I know that penalizing you for something that's completely unavoidable in an open world game would be awful, but that doesn't stop their attempts at storytelling in that setting from falling apart entirely.

Also, the ending was awful. I spent time hanging with Roman, but due to an arbitrary choice, they killed that girl who I spent 0 time with. Net result? Who gives a f*ck?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote