View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 09:29 AM   #83
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

In the States we've begun to refer to transitional surgery as Confirmation Surgeries, because yeah...that's what they do.

Which isn't to say that surgery is necessary to transition, because it isn't.
(Buck Angel is proof enough of that. Warning: don't google Buck if you're not over 18.)

Transitioning won't magically cause the world to be less of a crap place towards trans folk, nor will it magically give them a supportive family....in the blood sense, not in the found sense. The trans community is a pretty welcoming place overall.

When people equate trans folks with being depressed, they overwhelmingly blame it on the person and not the environment the person is in. I think they do it to absolve themselves of being the creators and maintainers of that environment.

It's like, I'm going to keep kicking you when you're down, and it's your fault for not getting up fast enough...not my fault for continuing to kick you.

(Watch though, those are the folks that react the most spectacularly when they, in turn, get kicked.)
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote