View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 02:31 AM   #211
Leo656
The Franchise

Several things scare me about this, and I'm just trying not too think too much about it.

For one thing, I live in NJ, which is in danger of catching up to NY's numbers soon because people won't stop being stupid. All last week, numerous people all over NJ were arrested for having parties and outdoor weddings and Lord knows what else, often with attendees of 50 people or more. When we've seen this in the past, in other places, nearly every single one of those people ended up being a carrier, and thus in turn a transmitter. So I expect that we're about to have a huge spike over here, as well.

For another thing, I live in a house with my wife and her parents. Obviously, the more people in one household, the greater exponential risk.

My wife's grandmother lives alone, about ten minutes away. She's in her 80s, and suffered a very serious broken bone in her foot a couple of months ago which she's still recovering from, thus my wife's mother has to go visit and assist her daily. They both are indeed taking the situation very seriously, but as they've said, "What are we supposed to do? We don't have any choice." And since she's out, she usually makes trips to the store as well. My wife also makes a run to the store for something every couple of days, although her car isn't running right at the moment, so there's that. So far, no issues, but it is a numbers game, and I'm concerned that we're about to hit a spike AND most people who already have it don't know it yet. So I just keep hoping that nothing ends up happening. We're taking as many reasonable precautions as we can, but... well, no system is perfect.

All of this has me very concerned. Every time my wife coughs, I start listening really close. Every time I clear my throat, I get nervous. Everybody seems perfectly fine, and I hope it stays that way, but I'm really nervous about something going wrong. My wife, in particular, is a huge "Doesn't worry enough about something until it's too late" type of person.

Sigh. This whole thing sucks.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/