View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 07:58 AM   #27
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
But I did order full sets of both versions of the 8" Turtles from Kidrobot and both came in the original shipping cases from the factory. The markings on the cases indicated that there were 332 cases of the regular Raphael figure produced and 56 cases of the exclusive version. And each case had four figures inside. So even if that was the only production run or shipment that was produced, there were at least 1,328 of the regular figures and 224 of the exclusives. So that's a production run of at least three times what they are doing here.
Ah, yes, I was referring to the Triceraton/Shredder/Bebop/Rocksteady.

Forgot about the turtles... I have them as well (also from clearance fire sales).

Thanks for doing the math on that. Still hard to say what will happen market-wise on these. There was excitement around those Kidrobot turtles...these are being met with "meh" from what I've seen here and elsewhere...that may be solely due to price. Personally I think these are more fun than those turtles, while unnecessarily large. So far we have a bit less high-end TMNT stuff coming at us this year so maybe the thirst will grow for these...

Do you suppose maybe that's not the actual size comparison for Splinter, just a small hint of what he will look like super-imposed on a Don image at a smaller size? I'm probably just wishing on a star there.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote