Thread: "Origin"
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 02:29 PM   #55
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewzard View Post
Man Andrew, you really never stop...and I love it! Seeing this after I ordered volumes 4 and 5 of TMNT: The Ultimate Collection for my birthday is great indeed.
"Odyssey" was really going to be the final word from me on Mirage TMNT, but "Origin" came to me and I couldn't shake it out of my head. In many ways, even without a bunch of multiversal goings on, it's an even bigger and far more expansive story than "Odyssey."

I mean, even if there weren't any TMNT characters in it at all (though where's the fun in that?), the story is still getting into fundamental issues (which might be kind of controversial) of why are we here, creation, who or what is responsible, what is the bigger picture and plan for not just mankind but... everything. It's spirituality viewed through a lens of hard science fiction.

You might even see the Great Turtle again.

Quote:
Will you be funding it similarly to Odyssey? And if so, when might we expect that to open up to support?
Not crossing that bridge or even looking at that until, #1: Everyone has "Odyssey" in their hands and that's completely out of the queue, and #2: Origin is fully written and polished. I'll reach out to a couple of Turtle vets to go over my draft as well.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote