View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #805
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
That is why I believe Dick Grayson is best suited either as Robin or Batman. As Nightwing there is no solid direction.

Dick Grayson falling in love? It happened twice. Starfire has falls in love with while Barbara Gordon is his true love. Anyone else is just a crush or a failed brief romance going back to his college girlfriend Lori.

Blockbuster II,not Mark,but Desmond is being revived from the dead? Yeah, sounds like a retread and DC not knowing what to do with him. How long before Bludhaven is wiped from the DC map again?
I think you have a point, but I don't agree. As Nightwing there CAN be solid direction, it is just harder than a more easily defined role as subordinate (Robin) or replacement (Batman). Nightwing is a unique identity, and as such needs a unique direction. The original run of Nightwing was amazing for its first 100 to 120 issues.

We need that amount of focus, long-term planning, and development. Really, only Batman can skate by without that... because he's Batman. We know who he is and why he is, but his family (Robins, Batgirls, and Nightwing oh my) are much harder to define in solo series and away from supporting roles. It CAN be done... but it's not easily achieved.

Also #dick&babs4eva... although I didn't mind Dick and Helena.