View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 06:27 PM   #54
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Not sure if this counts, but as it JUST happened, I thought I'd share it. So, about a week ago, someone stole an ashtray off our patio. Not just a little one, either. This thing is a metal stand about two and a half feet tall, with a big metal bowl with a wide lip to set cigarettes on at the top, and the bowl has a high-arched handle. It's iron, I think, as it's fairly heavy. It has a smaller removable bowl that sits inside itto hold the ashes. Now, this is an antique- it sat in my grandparents' house for as long as I can remember before my granddad passed, and grandma gave it to us. (Hubby was a smoker at the time, and has since quit, but we use it outside when company comes over who are smokers. I don't allow smoking in the apartment.) It is at LEAST fifty years old, and kind of rusty. Doesn't look like anything anyone would want to steal. But I was upset, as it's an antique and was my granddad's. But apparently whoever took it brought it back last night. It was gone for nearly a week, and then mysteriously reappeared on the patio when Mr. D went outside this morning. It was not there when he came home from treatment yesterday evening. Its just weird- why would someone take something so big, and then return it a week later?
That's strange. My guess is someone else (a parent?) made the thief return it? Glad you got it back though!
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote