View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 04:05 AM   #41
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabrendeki View Post
Yeah, that's a point. But don't forget, that the cartoon is to a lot of people the definitve version of the Turtles
Screw that, and screw them. They didn't even turn up for the last movie, which was exclusively catered to them.

But before you misread, let's be fair. Hey, screw the Mirage fans, too! Screw all TMNT pre-existing TMNT fans. I'm not even being facetious. It shouldn't be "for" any pre-existing fans. TMNT isn't even that big right now that it can rest on those laurels and again, that didn't even save the last movie.

A new, successful TMNT movie can rise on its own merit. Learn from the mistakes of old, attempt a new reimagining of the core principle of the source material. Try that in a big way, and see what happens. It can't be worse than what they've been doing, I say. The audience will come or it won't... that's more a marketing thing than anything else anyway in the game of trailer cutting and whatnot, and certainly not indicative of a "We need to make it JUST LIKE THIS because this is what worked for toddlers and tweens in the late 80s and early 90s!!" Because that's absurd.

Quote:
Let's say so: what is it, that is "intrinsically connected to the TMNT"? Only the four turtles and maybe Splinter. Everything else could be thrown out and be reinvented
I'd go a little further. Turtles, Splinter, circle of vengeance with Saki/Foot, some kind of ooze origin. But sure. And reinvented with care to at least the heart/intent of the source material.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote