View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 12:57 PM   #96
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
As a kid I mostly watched the sequel. It's a solid movie. Does it stand up to the quality of the original? No, but that's a pretty insanely high bar to measure up to. Yeah, it's a retread of alot of the same beats as the first one (as were most 80s sequels) but its still fun and has a ton of original, creative ideas. A river of slime spawned by peoples hatred, an evil entity trapped inside a painting, "positive" ectoplasm proton-packs, the Janosz character... all great, great stuff. I didn't even know people didn't like it until the internet rolled around. My family and friends all thought it was dope.
Yeah, pretty much the same.

One of my earliest lessons in refusing to let the Internet tell me how to think. I know what I watched and I know it was perfectly fine.
--------

Andrew: Obviously they're "on board" in the sense that they'll obviously participate if asked, but that doesn't mean anything is on paper yet. Maybe, maybe not. Obviously they'll be in it, I'm Just Saying. People need to slow their roll; a few shots of a car in a barn and some folks act like they've secretly filmed half the movie already and were just waiting to unveil it as a "surprise".

They're not far along at all, let's just wait and see. Besides, the OGs were in the last one, too... and I'm still really mad about it, so even their token contributions won't be enough to entice me, if everything else looks lame. Dan would make "Blues Brothers 3" for a turkey sandwich, I'm not gonna do jumping jacks just because he's involved in something.

We'll see.
---------

Wildcat: I'd be fine but my chiropractor refused to get involved since it happened at work and workman's comp won't pay for him to actually fix the problem. So I have to go to one of "their" doctors. It is what it is. Feel better.
---------

Xav: Thank you, that's exactly what I figured.

"They're all on board" simply means, "We're old, we're mostly not working, and we'll absolutely do this if we're asked to do it, but nobody's asked us YET."

Let's face it, they slapped a teaser together to see if anyone still cared, and since we do, NOW they're gonna sit down and actually plan the movie. That is fine, but my suspicion about the teaser being exactly all of what they've worked on so far seems accurate. Still a long way to go yet.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote