Thread: Discrimination
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 09:10 PM   #49
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I certainly did- and it wasn't for Trump that is for sure. But my point was the mindset of the people who DID vote for him. I live in a "Red State" where his sort of voters are the majority. I hear them talk all the time about how "bad" Hillary (and Obama) is, while blindly ignoring every cringe-worthy comment and social blunder from their "golden boy". It's disheartening to say the least. And most of them are from the older generations, or those too young to know better because they grew up in an age where fact-checking is too much work and politicians are automatically "bad" even when they really are not. So he won on a technicality based on misinformation and disillusionment. The religious right and the pro-gun, anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-immigration crowd.
I don't doubt that such people were a huge chunk of his voting base, but let's face it, the left wing can also be blamed for losing this election. It's not like Hillary was a nobody. She was a well known figure already and even the polls pointed to her winning easily.

Now allow me to go an tangent and say that politics have been disappointing people all over the Western world lately, and the more mainstreamish and the closest parties and politicians to the centre haven't been able to gain voters' trust. Many people look in shock and horror at European countries and ask themselves "why are a woman like Marine Le Pen and a guy like Geert Wilders getting more and more popular?". Traditional parties are a lot to blame for the economic issues here in the Old Continent lately. And I wouldn't be surprised if 3rd party candidates have been getting more votes and popularity in the US of A lately.

When people are desperate, they vote for certain people, no matter how shady they might be. Trump certainly has charisma, even though he is extremely rude and a flat out asshole.

That being said, people who thought Trump was anti-system... well a loaded as f*ck guy could never be that. He IS part of said system!

Oh and believe me, many people in Europe actually like Trump. Not saying it's the majority or anything, but I read news sites from several countries and other forums and many people from countries like Portugal, Spain, the UK and France seem to like Trump. An outspoken minority of people that is, but they're out there.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote