View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 03:35 PM   #80
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I just feel like the FW show and the 4Kids show had not only better writers that where ALLOWED to run things the way they wanted (for the most part, until playmates stepped in)...but also just knew what they wanted to do more. which is tell fun stories.
More idiocy. I love the original cartoon, but it had no real plot or continuing storylines to speak of besides minor stuff. They were literally just making random episodes as they went along till the show ended.

Quote:
Hell, they destroyed the entire earth in season 3 and then un did it the next episode, so it left no impact at all! i mean, that' just bad shock value stuff!
Do you actually watch this show? Fugitoid said the Earth would still be destroyed unless they stopped the Triceratons, it didn't matter the Earth was restored. No impact? The whole goddamn space arc resulted from it.

Quote:
That's why I like older shows that didn't NEED to be grand to be fun. they set EVERYTHING up in the first 30 minutes of the pilot and that was the status quo. it was up to the writers to make the status quo fun and memorable.

now a days, things have to be grand, shocking, dramatic, well planned out,inter connected, and it just makes things way more complicated than it needs to be and things suffer because of it
You're basically comparing episodic shows to shows with continuity. There's nothing wrong with either approach.

It seems to me you lack the mental comprehension to follow a show with continuing storylines where things aren't wrapped up nicely in 22 minutes. If that's the case it's obviously your problem you can't handle storylines that continue over a season.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote